Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cold Cuts Need To Be Kept Cold

This has not been a good week for me.

You may recall the "gas" story. Well, if you do, you know the ill-fated trip started with a trip to the grocery store.

Fast forward a few days...

See, ever since then the car has had a "odor" to it... At first, I thought it gave the Passat character. Then, I just thought it stunk.

Tuesday night after the debacle, I rolled down the windows and sprayed air freshener in the car. Next morning, still smelled. Julie cleaned out the car seat base this morning thinking Gracie had spit up on it. Still smelled.

Tonight as we were leaving a pool party, I was loading something in the trunk and thought, "I wonder if the smell was coming from here...


Yep, some of the groceries had spilled out of the bag and were left in the trunk.

There are not many worse smells than cold cuts that have been baked in the Bakersfield heat in the trunk of a car. You might think raw sewage smells worse... but you might change your mind if you had smelled the car. Also, Hot Pockets are allowed to be served hot, but not stored hot.

Good news, the car immediately smelled better once the offensive products were removed. Bad news, my ego has taken a major hit.

--BRENT

2 comments:

Clements Adventures said...

My mom once did that with raw meat. It was beyond disgusting. Words cannot describe. So sorry the car stunk.

Sara said...

I'm totally thinking of the Seinfeld episode....
Sara