Monday, April 28, 2008

Brent's Two Cents... April 28

Okay, last time I entitled an entry like this "A Penny For Your Thoughts"... I thought this was more fitting... (It was also the name of my newspaper column in high school)

#1
Every now and then we give away prizes on the air I wish I could win... The next five weeks are one of those times. We're giving away four-packs of tickets to Universal Studios where they are promoting the new Simpsons ride, which is in the old Back To The Future building. While I'm sad to see that ride go, I hear the new ride is awesome. Go ahead, try to win! (Did you know those tickets are almost $80 now?)

#2
Relay For Life is this weekend, and this is going to be a MONSTER week. I'm out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night... then am at Relay on Friday from 10 AM-10 PM, and then on Saturday from 5:30 AM, until Sunday at 10:30 AM. Yikes. (Look for another blog on this)

#3
Okay, I finally did it. I got the iPod Touch. And I love it.

#4
What's up with the vanilla haters? We did a poll over the weekend on your favorite ice cream flavor on http://www.977thebreeze.com/. Only 4% of the 430 responders said "vanilla"... It's not my favorite, but hey, sometimes, good old vanilla is... well... good. I remember when Julie and I had just met each other, we went on a group outing to Ben and Jerry's and she ordered after me. She was looking at the menu and said to her friend, "Who orders vanilla at Ben and Jerry's?", just as they were handing me my scoop of... vanilla.

#5
I feel really bad... yesterday was the first Sunday in about three months that Julie and I missed church. Between her and Gracie's colds and my having to work, we just didn't make it.

#6
I need to not have fast food for a week or so. I've been eating it a lot more than I should in the last week, and I think it's starting to make me feel icky. Either that, or it's watching a clip of "Super Size Me" on YouTube at work today.

#7
If I never hear John Mayer, "Waiting on the World to Change" again, I can handle that.

#8
Memo to me, delete John Mayer, "Waiting on the World to Change" from iPod. Did I say how much I love it?

BTW... I did end up going to Elton John a couple weeks back... it was great. I sat three rows behind Kevin Silverberg.

No comments: