Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Traffic School

Okay, for those who don't know, I (Brent) got a traffic ticket a few months ago. Of course, out of three trips driving to L.A. in three weeks, it was on the third trip, less than 50 miles from home, that I got the ticket. Yes, I was speeding, but I was just trying to get home (as if that justifies it, right?)

So... I paid the fine. And to avoid the points on my record, I opted for traffic school. Not that there was ever debate, but I had a bad traffic school experience.

Let me explain.

The last time I got a ticket (for running a red light... again, guilty... but I'm a good driver, really!) I waited so long that I needed to go into an actual traffic school instead of doing it online. I picked "All Comedy Traffic School" because if you're going to spend eight hours with strangers who also don't want to be there, then it should at least be hysterical right?

Okay, note for the future, if they have to tell you it's funny in the name, it's probably not funny. In fact, it wasn't even enjoyable. (I thought about suing for false advertising)

So this time, I was not putting myself through that again. I did the online version of traffic school... finished it in 25 minutes. Faxed away the final exam this morning.

Friends don't let friends go to traffic school in person. Consider yourself warned.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I agree with you Brent except that some counties here in California don't let you go to traffic school online. I got stuck going to the Comedy Traffic School here in town and the only funny thing about it was how stupid the people were. It's definitely an entertaining experience to be around these types of people. It felt like I was in high school again...

Rach said...

So, how did you get to do traffic school online in 25 minutes? My husband ran a red light and got a picture taken. So, he got a ticket in the mail. In his defense, the sun was so bright that he couldn't see that the light had turned red. You can even see that in the picture that was attached to his ticket. But, he has been told that the traffic school online is 5 hours long and that you can't take a break or you have to start all over! What's the name of the online course you took?

Anonymous said...

Brent did gotaticket.com. Bethany Maynard's husband owns it. I know that some online traffic schools are sticter and make you read everything. We skimmed the sections and I helped him take the quiz. The final questions are exactly the same as the quiz. You can login in and out anytime you want and it will save your progress. It was easy.