So yesterday was my Deal or No Deal callback audition… Couldn’t really take pictures, but I do have the scoop.Like I said in the last DOND post, it’s still a LONG WAY before appearing on the show. In fact, getting on the prime time NBC version would take a miracle.
At 4 PM yesterday, 40 Bakersfieldians and I went to the Culver City Studios and were taken to a small room with about 50 chairs. The casting director told us 98% of what they are looking for right now is for the new syndicated version of Deal or No Deal. It will air Monday-Friday, and the top prize is $500,000 (still a lot of money)… If someone was really good, they could get on the main version, but I’ll be honest, I don’t think there was anyone (in our group, at least) who seemed to blow the casting guys away so much that they’ll do that.
There are a lot of people they’ll be taking for the syndicated version… If you’re picked, you’ll be one of 22 people on the show for a week. Five of those 22 will actually play the game, the other 17 will spend the time opening cases (there are no models in the syndicated version, but it is hosted by Howie Mandel). The selection of the five is totally random.
So long story short, you just need to impress them so you can be cast in one of those groups of 22.
Each of us had about two minutes to talk about whatever we wanted… basically, who we are, where we grew up, what we do for a living… maybe a funny story, or why you want to be on the show. We did it in front of the other 39 people, as well as a panel of five casting people, and a camera.
I think I did all right… the judges are so hard to read… they basically smile and nod at everyone… I would say of the 40, any of 25 people has a legitimate shot at getting on the syndicated show, and I would like to think I was interesting enough to do that.
They said we could get a call in two weeks, or for up to a year.
Guess I’ll just have to wait and see!
2 comments:
No way! Keep us updated I want to know if you make the cut. Too bad about syndicated - no models. :-(
Hey, In July I went to the same sort of callback in Culver City as you did, he said we were right after the group from Bakersfield, have you or anyone you know heard anything?
Post a Comment