Here is one of my very best friends Kenn McCloud with Gracie last October. Some of you may know him from the Kenn and Barbie show on KLITE 105.3 a few years ago, or more recently from 96.5 KBKO.It's taken me four days to actually sit down on write this blog. I don't know why it's taken that long. Maybe it's because I didn't want to write down the words or deal with the content, but I believe in the power of prayer, and the fact is, I should have done this sooner than now.
Kenn is currently in critical condition at Mercy Hospital downtown. I don't know why and neither do the doctors. He has been tested for everything, and every blood test has come back negative. On Monday, he went to work as normal, and during an afternoon meeting, started having serious seizures and was rushed to the hospital. Since then, his liver has nearly failed him, he has had to breathe with the assistance of a machine, he has some brain swelling, and he is on dialysis because his kidneys are about to fail. He is under constant sedation, which they bring him out of every two to four hours to make sure he doesn't go into a coma, and he goes back into seizures each time they go through the process. The doctors and nurses are trying their best, but at the moment, they are treating symptoms, not the cause.
I saw him exactly one week before he was admitted to the hospital. He had no sign that anything was wrong. People who saw him the day before also say he was a little light headed, but nothing that indicated he would be fighting for his life 24 hours later.
I did get to see him in the hospital on Wednesday, and I won't lie, it was tough to see. I have so much respect for his wife, Crystal, for how strong she is being despite the circumstances. Their 20-month old son told her he misses his daddy.
Please do two things for their family. I am relaying this message directly from his wife. First, please say a prayer for Kenn. He is a Christian, and plays in the worship band at New Life Center. If the roles were reversed, he would be in prayer and encourage others to do so. Second, spend time with your loved ones and children. Do something fun with your best friend. Kenn loves his son, family, and friends so much, and would want you to do that too.
I refuse to believe my last good memory with Kenn will be lunch at Wingstop discussing radio, our kids, and baseball (although that's a pretty typical visit). I also refuse to believe the last time I'll see him was in that hospital bed. I pray that God will provide his healing, and that he will continue to give strength to the McCloud family. I know God is in complete control of the outcome, and I submit to His wisdom.
(If there is an update in his condition, I will post it. Thanks again for your prayers).
3 comments:
I will pray.
Oh my goodness...I'm so SAD! I didn't click on your blog when I was on here earlier and now I understand Julie's confusion when I called.
We are PRAYING! For Kenn and his sweet little family!
We've never met, my name is Danielle Radon. I found your blog through Lorie Chambless. I have never commented before, but I wanted to show my support during this difficult time.
I work in the radio business in town and was devasted to hear about what happened to Kenn. We had only met a few times, but I was shocked to say the least.
I have been praying for him and his family since I heard the news and I will continue to do so. My thoughts and prayers are also with you now.
Post a Comment