So, I went to the original casting call in June... drove down to L.A. for the callback... got the call three and a half weeks ago... and now tomorrow, September 17, is the day. I could be playing Deal or No Deal.Some things to note... this is the syndicated game, which airs at 5 PM each weekday in Bakersfield on FOX 58. It's 30 minutes long, and the top prize is $500,000... not a million. There are no models, just 22 contestants, and they spin a wheel labeled 1-22 to decide which contestant plays the game. They film five episodes over two days (to be shown on a Monday-Friday on a later date)... so five people get to play.
Now here's the tricky part. They invite approximately 30 people to come down to the studios. 22 will be on stage when they spin the wheel. If you are in the original 22, you get five shots to have the wheel hit your number. Four other people will be added as the week goes on.... (when they film the first episode, they trot someone new to take their place in the next episode). Then, there are four people who will not get to do anything at all. They do this because sometimes people get sick, don't bring the right clothes, or are just not excited enough to be on TV. Therefore, they need alternates.
They have not pre-determined who will be in the 22... they just say you should show up, be excited, and may the most interesting 22 get on stage! So let's all hope I at least get that far... I'm hoping so, because then I will have five shots to get to play the game, and at least in the meantime, stand behind a case while others play.
I am really nervous, but SUPER EXCITED. This is it! By Thursday night, I could win big! I don't want to be super disappointed if I don't play, so I am trying to limit my expectations, but it has literally kept me up for a week.
There are no cameras or cell phones allowed, so I'll call Julie tomorrow night as soon as I am cleared to do so. I don't know what I'll be allowed to report if I get on the show, so you may have to watch in a month or two when these episodes actually hit the air. If you notice, though, that I have a new 60" HD TV, that may be an indication I did really, really well.
2 comments:
YAY!! I'm so excited for you, Brent!! I have a friend in Fresno who just auditioned about a month ago for the show . . . she got called back and went for audition #2 but is now just waiting. . . ! I hope you get to play! Good luck!
How very exciting! I hope this turns out for you! I think we could all use some good energy right now!
Post a Comment