I listen to Lonestar's "Mr. Mom" song a lot differently than I used to.
It's been a little over six weeks since I got fired from Buckley Broadcasting. I always knew when I took a full-time on air job that what happened to me was a possibility. How crazy is it, then, that I still want another job like that?
I'm lucky for a few things... Lucky for my wife and family who have been very supportive. Lucky for KUZZ to help keep me sane. Just to be out of the house, earning something of a living twice a week makes me feel somewhat useful.
I am hoping to get a full-time job there at some point. There just aren't a lot of positions to be had. A girl just got promoted who had been through a similar situation as me, and she had been doing it for two years. That's the great thing about KUZZ. They are so successful and treat their staff so well that people stay for their entire careers. I am doing everything I can to make sure I am next.
But it could be longer than two years... who knows? So what do I do in the meantime? I can't be a career substitute. How do I find a Monday-Friday job that I am at all interested in or qualified for that doesn't interfere with my weekend work at KUZZ (or the occasional night shift when they need a substitute)? I have my B.A., but I don't weld, do plumbing, or engineer. That leaves clerical positions which require you to be bilingual. Very frustrating.
I have experienced a wide range of emotions, some probably bordering on depression. I feel helpless and don't see a light at the end of the tunnel soon. I know God has a plan for us, I just don't know what that is. One blessing has been more time at home with Gracie... I know these first 24 months go by so quickly, I am happy to be able to enjoy them.
Thanks for your continued prayer.
1 comment:
Brent -
If I could buy you a McRib right now, I would.
Sorry to hear the news - but you're right in that everything will work itself out - it's all part of this crazy business.
Give me a holler sometime -
Pat
Post a Comment