Here is the recipe (see previous post) for the pumpkin muffins Laura made for us yesterday. Thanks Laura for emailing me the recipe.
Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Muffins
Ingredients
8oz cream cheese (softend)
3 eggs
2 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 c flour
1/4 pecans, roughly chopped
3 T. butter. melted
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cup solid-packed pumpkin
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Heat oven to 375. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg and 3 T sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Toss 5 T sugar, 1/2 c flour, pecans, butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Combine remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and mix with a fork just until moistened. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups. Place 2 tsp of the cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 24 muffins.
Ingredients
8oz cream cheese (softend)
3 eggs
2 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 c flour
1/4 pecans, roughly chopped
3 T. butter. melted
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cup solid-packed pumpkin
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Heat oven to 375. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg and 3 T sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Toss 5 T sugar, 1/2 c flour, pecans, butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Combine remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and mix with a fork just until moistened. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups. Place 2 tsp of the cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 24 muffins.
YUMMY!!!
8 comments:
Yummy! Thanks for getting the recipe for the rest of us. Brent you know I love a good pumpkin muffin, bread, pie, cake or frankly anything with pumpkin. Remember, the pumpkin rolls that were brought to the station way back when. And how Kenn didn't like pumpkin, but kept eating the pumpkin roll.
YAY!!! Way to follow through! ;) I'll be making these in the next week or two, I'm sure of it!
I WILL be trying these! Thanks for sharing!
These look yummy! Question: did you mean to put salt in the ingredients list twice? Is one of them supposed to say baking soda? Cuz in the directions, it says to combine the baking powder, baking soda, etc. But, I didn't see baking soda in the list of ingredients and I didn't understand why salt was listed twice. ?? Thanks!
Rach- I didn't even notice. I will ask Laura and get back to you. :)
Any word on the change in the recipe from salt to baking soda? Just curious, cuz I want to make these and want to do it right.
There was a change, so I updated this blog with the correction.
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to make them. By the way the photos at the pumpkin patch are way too cute.
Post a Comment