Well, some of you who know me, or listen to my radio show, know that as the seventh and final Harry Potter book was about to hit shelves last month, I had been shielded from the mania. I had not read any of the books or seen any of the movies. None of this was by a decisive choice, I just hadn't gotten into it. Didn't really care, to be honest.What a difference a month makes.
As we were getting ready to leave for Pismo Beach last month, I finally gave in and decided to see what all the fuss was about. I bought the six book set from Barnes and Noble, and figured I'd read the seventh book when Julie was done with it.
Well, turns out the books are actually good. I mean really good. I started the first book on August 4, and read it in a day. The second book took three days. The third book was about 100 pages longer and took about five days. The fourth and fifth books are significantly longer and I just finished reading the latter. I have read part of a Harry Potter book every day for the last 25 days until yesterday, when I finally took a break before starting the sixth book. (And yes, I already know who dies).
It was kind of nice to take a break, but I think I'll break back into it today, and once I've read all the books, I'll see the movies. Hey, Lindsay Lohan has her own addictions, but maybe they have rehab for Harry Potter junkies. It'll be me, a twelve year old girl, and a 43-year old who still plays Dungeons and Dragons in his mom's basement getting the treatment we so desperately need.
1 comment:
Ooohh can I borrow them when you're done? I too avoided the mania but would love to read the whole serious from start to finish.
Post a Comment