Well, this Friday, one of my favorite artists comes to the Rabobank Arena... Sir Elton John. Now, I've seen Elton five times now... twice in the Bay Area, once in Hawaii, once in Bakersfield, and once in Fresno. (The best show? The one where he co-headlined with Billy Joel!)
Of course, we've been talking about this non-stop on The Breeze. Giving away front row tickets, giving away other tickets in the first five rows, giving away tickets like they're going out of style! In fact, when the tickets first went on sale, I bought tickets for one of Julie's co-workers who wasn't able to call from work, so she'd be able to get good seats right when they opened the box office.
And through all this, I've really been itching to go. But I decided to save money since Julie's job sharing next year, and frankly, because Julie doesn't get to treat herself very often to things, and I'd rather she get to do something fun if she can.
But then, the prices started falling on the internet... Now, I can get a pair of tickets on the floor for $20 each (tickets that originally sold at $90 each). I can even get tickets in the 10th row on the floor for $9 each. Can I really turn that down?
I'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
Can I ask where it is that you are finding these tickets? We'd love to go, but never wanted to pay full price!
Two sites... www.stubhub.com and www.ebay.com... The really inexpensive tickets are now gone, but there are some to buy for less than the regular price. Also, with both, there are shipping charges (usually the people you buy from send the tickets FedEx since they can track it, and also send it quicker), but in the end, the price still comes out less.
Post a Comment