So I, along, with close to 1500 other Kern County residents went to see if we could get on the show. Here's how it worked...
When you got there, they had you fill out an application with seven basic questions like, "What would you do with the money if you win?", "What's the weirdest job you ever had?", etc. I had filled mine out before I got there, which was good, because there were no pens, but bad, because it gave me nothing to do. So I sat with a crowd of people until it was my turn.
When it was my turn, I went up with a group of 10 people. Each person was given 30 seconds to tell a little about themselves. I had talked about this on my show today... they're looking for personality. If you stand out, they give you a coveted green ticket. A friend of mine who was there handing out the applications said they had told them earlier in the day, they can tell within the first three seconds whether or not they want you.
I guess they want me! I moved on to the second round of interviews. Now, one week from today (Thursday) I'll go down to L.A. and go through a longer process (about three hours), which includes me filling out a much longer application (which among other things asks if I've ever had a restraining order filed against me or if I have been convicted of a felony or worse), and I'll get a longer interview in front of a camera.
Now, I'm still FAR AWAY from being on the show. I would say of the 1500 people they saw today, 200-250 got green tickets... but for now, I need to ask myself... Deal or No Deal!
7 comments:
Hilarious! I wondered why all those cars were out at the park today! I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Brent - that's AWESOME! Let us know how it goes next week!!
Ummm...how exciting is that?! Wouldn't that be perfect with Julie going part time?
Do you need me to appear in my "Brent is Cool" shirt, cuz' you know I will be there for you. How awesome! Dude, you are so flippin' amazing. Nothing but positive thoughts and can't wait till they tempt you with the McRib to take the deal. Ha,Ha!
Congrats! How fun!
How awesome... okay, so big question, what would you do with the money?!
GOOD JOB! I went too, but they didn't pick me, but they did pick my friend.
Post a Comment