Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pinch Me

Well, after a week of training and paperwork, it became official yesterday. I work for KUZZ, and I couldn't be happier. It's a part time position (so I'm still looking for something full time), but even after being there a few days this week, it's completely different than any other place I've done radio. Eventually, when they have an opening, it could turn into something more, but I'm just appreciative to be able to keep doing radio in Bakersfield.

For those non-Bakersfield readers, KUZZ is the most legendary station in Bakersfield and was founded by country music legend Buck Owens. It is always among the top-ranked stations in Bakersfield, and finishes #1 more often than not. It is respected nationwide in country music, and they are loyal to their employees and listeners.

I'll be on weekends for now, and also help out at station events. My first shift is tonight, 6 PM-Midnight on the All Request Saturday Night. I must admit, I am nervous. It's like playing your first game for the New York Yankees... the station is legendary. But I am also extremely excited. I'll also be on tomorrow from Noon-6, and both days I'll have tickets to give away to Kenn's benefit concert with Randy Owen.

So memorize this number... 842-5555. And I'll see you tonight at 107.9!

7 comments:

Barbie said...

YAY! How exciting! I think it's pretty cool to be doing the all requests show. I remember calling in MANY a day in high school.

Anonymous said...

hi brent! this is a really great pic of your family. gracie is looking cuter every new pic i see of her, and congrats on the new gig. hopefully it will turn into something more permanent.

Olive Oyl said...

I'm am so excited for you!!! Oh, I still have a tape of a friend and I calling in when we were in 8th grade to make dedications to boys we liked. Seriously, you have the coolest job EVER! :) Congrats!

Amy said...

whoo-hoo! congrats!

Clements Adventures said...

So happy for you! I will be praying for a full-time gig, but part-time is awesome and a foot in the door. You rock!

bandofbrothers said...

WOW! Major Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Sara said...

So I've been a little absent from your blog lately so all this is coming as a shock to me. Congratulations! You'll be great!