Okay, I need to post this... but read it now in case I am forced to take it down...
Without the name, here is an actual email I received from a listener yesterday...
***** eLS Reply E-Mail *****
From: XXXXXXXXX@MINDSPRING.COM
Sub: RE: 97.7 The Breeze Has Concert Tickets For You!
Date: Nov 15 2007 3:41PM
I officially took your station off of my station presets. You NEVER play Christmas music before Thanksgiving! That is sick...I added a countrywestern station where you used to be...
This is what I replied to the guy by the way...
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your past patronage. We hope to regain you as a listener later in the Christmas season or after December 26. Either way, please have a very happy holday season.
Brent Michaels
Assistant Program Director/Morning On-Air Personality
97.7 The Breeze
Pretty standard response to the emails these days...
Here's the thing...
#1
You officially took us off your presets? Really? Did you hold a ceremony? Was a notary public there or some other legal official? How does this differ from someone who unofficially removed us?
#2
You never play Christmas music before Thanksgiving? You may never listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean people don't play it. Have you noticed the muzak (in-store music) in Wal-Mart, Target, and lots of other stores since November 1st? Maybe you better officially stop shopping there too.
#3
That's sick? Have you watched the news lately? Let's talk about the hundreds of thousands of people that need assistance with housing, food, medical supplies... Let's talk about crime and how there are people that cheat, steal, and do a lot worse than play a Christmas song on November 8.
#4
You added a country music station where I used to be. I actually have no problem with that. Honestly. No matter what you do, you can't keep everyone happy 100% of the time. There are people who have added us to their presets who weren't listening to us before, and for that matter, who have found the station in the last year and have added us since then. That's the business of the media... Some people listen, some people don't.
I hope I'm not coming across bitter, because I'm actually not. I actually laughed when I got this email yesterday. I think people forget radio is free. They don't pay for it. Some people actually get "paid" TO listen... free tickets, free trips, even cash when we do those kind of contests! We're doing our best, as is everyone else, so listen to the station you like best, whomever it is. It's not rocket science, guys!
1 comment:
Okay...you are totally cracking me up! 1st of all...GET A LIFE person! I mean come on, who has time to e-mail their radio station random comments like this?
They need to start a blog or something :)
Post a Comment